Joining the Corporation
Last updated: Monday 26th October 2015
Do You Want to Join Us?
We want to hear from people who may be interested in becoming a Corporation Member. We want our Members to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experience. This is to make sure we have the benefit of views from, and are truly representative of, our community.
All our Members are appointed as individuals, including those Members who are elected by the staff or student body. Members are not representatives of the organisations or communities from which they come. Once appointed, Members are required to put the interests of the College first.
Our Search & Governance Committee advises the Corporation on the appointment of external Members and any other matters relating to membership and appointments.
From time to time the College has vacancies for external Members to join the Corporation. If you are interested in becoming a Member you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have the commitment?
- Do I have an interest in education?
- Do I have balanced judgement?
- Do I have a specific skill, professional qualification and/or experience?
- Do I have an ability to assess complex issues?
- Do I have links with the local community or business that I can use for mutual benefit?
- Can I commit to attending a number of meetings during the year?
- Can I put in time before meetings to read the papers?
If you want to receive further information please contact the Clerk to the Corporation in writing to:
Mrs Sally Brook Shanahan
- Clerk to the Corporation
South Leicestershire College
...or by email to: Sally.BrookShanahan@slcollege.ac.uk
Print this page