At the heart of developing the Student Voice at SLC!
The Student Union promotes the interests and welfare of Students at SLC during their course of study.
The Student Union is also involved in providing social, cultural, sporting and recreational activities as well as forums for discussions and debate for the personal development of its students.
The Student Union is run by students and represents the interests of the students of SLC to the Corporation, College management, local and national government and the other relevant authorities.
- To advance the education of its members
- To promote the general welfare of students
- To organise and encourage recreational and social activities for students
- To support Equality and Diversity and promote it in the college
- To actively oppose prejudice and discrimination between students in the college
- To encourage students to apply for an SU card
All enrolled students at South Leicestershire College shall be members of the SU unless they relinquished their membership in accordance with the ‘opt-out` regulations. Members of the SU shall have the following rights:
- To attend and speak at all SU Committee and General Meetings
- To vote at General Meetings and the Annual General Meeting
- To stand and vote in SU elections
- To participate in SU activities and use SU facilities
There are 18 posts within the Student Union executive committee which is made up of students voted in by students:
- 4x Vice President
- 4x Secretary
- 4x Social Secretary
- 4x Charity & Fundraising Officer
Be the voice of the students, you can make a difference!
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Student Union Executive or would like more information regarding the roles within the SU please contact the youth worker in the student lounge or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Monday 8th October 2018