Latest SLC Tweets
- RT @KTlady7: SLC's event t-shirts all set for our Open Day today, 3-7.30pm @slcollege #SLC #openday - http://t.co/OGCDEPUxdd About 1 mins ago...
- @ParenRaval Thanks Paren, what a find! - About 1 day ago...
- The OFSTED inspectors commented on the friendly atmosphere, good behaviour and mutual respect shown by our students. Thank you #SLC students - About 1 day ago...
- THANK YOU to our students for their support during OFSTED. #SLC - About 1 day ago...
- @dankentcontent Great, our office is behind reception - just ask someone at reception to give us a shout. :) - About 1 day ago...
Information, Advice and Guidance
While you are making decisions about your future, our Recruitment Team are a useful point of contact. They offer advice on all aspects of student life including course choice and fees, entry requirements, progression routes and careers. They will also refer you to our Admissions Team should you require any further information regarding enrolment, financial support and childcare.
You can call our Recruitment Advisors on 0116 264 3535 to discuss any of the above or to book a one-to-one appointment to speak to one of the advisors in person.
We understand that your time at college is precious and we want to help you make the right decisions when planning your future. Our dedicated team of Careers Advisors are here to help you. You can seek careers advice and guidance before starting, during or finishing your course to help you make the right decisions.
We provide free impartial information, advice and guidance in a number of ways:
Are you thinking of studying at college? We can help you to decide on the most suitable course for you.
- We can help you produce and action plan to help you to consider your career options
- Would you like help to access a range of careers information?
- Support to help you apply for a job, including help to complete an Application Form, CV, Interview Techniques and Job Ready skills
- Would you like help to apply for a Voluntary Work position?
- Get help in choosing the right course at University/ College
- Information and advice on completing the UCAS application form
- Stand out from the crowd with advice on writing your personal statement
- Financial advice on the cost of Higher Education
As well as one-to-one interviews, the Careers Team also:
- Offer group work in tutorials
- Arrange presentations from external organisations
- Organise Careers and Higher Education events throughout the year
Many of our students have placements as part of their course; others have part-time work whilst at SLC. Our Careers Advisers can help you to job search, including help with CVs, Application Forms and Interview Techniques. We also display employment opportunities on our Part-Time Jobs Board situated on the First Floor of the SLC Wigston Campus, they are also advertised on our intranet site.
For more information, please contact Maggie Stafford on 0116 264 3535.
www.connexions-leics.org (careers advice, training and job vacancies)
www.nextstep.direct.gov.uk (careers advice and useful resources)
www.ucas.com (apply online for higher education information)
www.do-it.org (apply online for voluntary work)